From: Dan Wright (dtwright_at_uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 21:48:21 CST

You can also put "stty erase ^H" in your .vmdrc, so you don't have to run this
by hand every time if you don't want to change your terminal settings for
some reason.

Dan

On Thursday 17 February 2005 02:42 pm, John Stone wrote:
> Hi Francis,
> This depends entirely on the behavior of your .cshrc setup file(s),
> and your Terminal.app preferences. On my test machine, VMD works fine
> when there's no special 'stty' setting in my .cshrc files. If I add a
> "stty erase ^H" in there, then I get the annoying backspace behavior
> you describe, as the keyboard I'm using on my test Mac generates the ^?
> sequence rather than ^H for example. You can set the Terminal.app
> "window settings" -> "keyboard" and change the key mappings to anything
> you prefer. They should apply equally to both VMD and to your
> normal use of the terminal windows.
>
> John Stone
> vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
>
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 02:50:00PM -0500, Francis Reyes wrote:
> > Can anyone advise how to map the correct keyboard mappings for OS X ? I
> > keep getting ^H for backspace, and using stty for each key that works
> > unexpectedly is becoming cumbersome.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > FR

> > Francis E. Reyes
> > Department of Chemistry, Pennsylvania State University
> > 104 Chemistry Research Building
> > Box 215
> > University Park, PA 16802
> >
> > ruckerz(at)psu.edu

Dan Wright
(dtwright_at_uiuc.edu)
(http://www.uiuc.edu/~dtwright)
"we are content if we can describe a multitude of other things in terms of...
fundamental incomprehensibilities. science is an activity that takes place on
the shore of an infinite sea of mystery."
chet raymo, "doctor seuss and doctor einstein"