From: Axel Kohlmeyer (axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 06:31:44 CST

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Philip Fowler wrote:

PF> Axel,

phil,

PF> I was especially interested in how you render over-size images e.g. the
PF> 1640x1640 you mention. I am assuming this is larger than your screen
PF> resolution, in which case, how do you do this?

for high quality images i rely on external renderes, like tachyon,
povray or raster3d. for those you only need to modify the commandline
or the generated inputfile and run the renderer externally.

i usually don't even use the File->Render... menu but type, e.g.

render Tachyon snap.in

then edit the Resolution tag and run the renderer from the commandline.

best regards,
        axel.

PF> I am often constrained by the number of pixels I can fit on my screen when
PF> rendering VMD images.
PF>
PF> Thanks,
PF>
PF> --Phil

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer   e-mail: axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Chemie          Phone: ++49 (0)234/32-26673
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum - NC 03/53         Fax:   ++49 (0)234/32-14045
D-44780 Bochum  http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/