From: Justin Gullingsrud (justinrocks_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 12:22:50 CST

That's right - Tube will work with just CA atoms, as will Trace, but
the "anisotropic" reps like Ribbons need the whole protein backbone.
However, CA atoms are apparently not enough to identify residues as
protein residues.

If you want to show all the sidechains, in addition to a tube for the
entire chain, you could probably create two reps, one for "all" drawn
as Tube, and a second for "same residue as sidechain" drawn as
Licorice.

Cheers,
Justin

--
The spirit of Plato dies hard.  We have been unable to escape the
philosophical tradition that what we can see and measure in the world