From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 12:38:06 CDT

Cheri,
  Run this command and tell me what you get:
vmd -dispdev text

If that works, then the next thing to try would be:
  source /usr/local/bin/vmd (wills start/exit as before)
then:
  /usr/local/lib/vmd/vmd_LINUX

Tell me what you get from those steps and I should be able to
determine what's wrong.

We have VMD working fine on a 64-bit WS3 machine here, so I'm
certain I can help you get yours working as well.

  John