From: Dominique Vlieghe (dominique.vlieghe_at_dmbr.UGent.be)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 07:13:11 CDT

Hi,

I have some problems with rendering pictures using povray. Seems that
part of the image elements are not present in the final output image. I
also get a lot of errors, being
File: E:\dominiv\projects\integrin\structures\test.pov Line: 578
Warning: Degenerate triangle. Please remove.

Lines at about position 578 look like

smooth_triangle {
  <-1.8559, -3.5591, 1.4187>,
  <0.5808, 0.8097, -0.0834>,
  <-1.8627, -3.5725, 1.4156>,
  <-0.5809, -0.8097, 0.0835>,
  <-1.8720, -3.5529, 1.4101>,
  <0.1325, 0.9431, -0.3050>
  texture { VMD_mat_1 }
  pigment { color rgbt <0.350,0.350,0.350,0.000> }
  no_shadow
}

this one goes wrong, although other smooth_triangle lines go well.

 I tested on both linux and windows (I use VMD 1.8.2 and Povray 3.5),
but to no avail. I used VMD/povray already before, and I don't remember
to have had problems then. My structures consists mainly of Bonds, VDW
and NewRibbons Graphical Representations.

Any clues?

Regards,

Dominique

Save the Hubble petition: http://www.savethehubble.org
Dominique Vlieghe, Ph.D.,
Bioinformatics Core, Department for Molecular Biomedical Research (DMBR)
VIB - Ghent University
Technologiepark 927, B-9052 Ghent (Zwijnaarde), Belgium
email: dominique.vlieghe_at_dmbr.ugent.be           tel: +32-(0)9-33-13.693
www: http://www.dmbr.ugent.be/                   fax: +32-(0)9-33-13.609