From: Charles Schwieters (schwitrs_at_cbel.cit.nih.gov)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 16:27:28 CDT

Hello again,

  I hope I didn't miss this one on the list somewhere...

With two molecules I do the following:

        -fix #1
        -translate #2
        -unfix #1
        -rotate both together

Because the translate operation does not modify either molecule's
center transformation, the molecules now rotate about different
axes. This behavior is not what I was expecting, and I'm having
difficulty finding a justification for it.

  My questions are: is this behavior intended? Why?

  I think I can hack back to the behavior I want (molecules rotating
about a single axis), but I wonder what I'm missing.

Thanks,
Charles

--
Charles Schwieters     email: Charles.Schwieters_at_nih.gov
		       www:   http://www.hec.utah.edu/~schwitrs