From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 17:05:51 CDT

> Hello,
>
> I was searching the web and came across a program that computes
> the convex hull of a set of points. This by Ken Clarkson at Bell
> Labs, is called "hull" and is at
> http://cm.bell-labs.com/netlib/voronoi/hull.html .

Yup, seen it before... There are actually many convex hull programs
out there.. As you may know, speed is crucial since poor convex hull
implementations can be O(N^2)..

> Mostly for fun, I wrote a little interface
> to it for VMD; you give it a selection and it draws the triangulated
> hull. I don't think it is important for molecular systems, but
> since "hull" also computes the Delauny triangulation and the
> alpha shape, I figured some here might be interested in that aspect
> of it.

Pretty cool :)

  John

--
Theoretical Biophysics Group   Email: johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Beckman Institute              http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/