From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2021 - 09:22:04 CDT

Hi,
  I'll provide the old Tcl code for some of the Matlab color scales
as an example here. I should also mention that the VMD 1.9.4 builds
provided over the past year include many new high-quality color scales
that are suitable for viewing by colorblind people etc, such as the
popular "viridis" scale, and others.

That being said, you can make any color scale you want with a bit of code,
as you'll see in the attached example.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/