From: Vermaas, Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 19 2021 - 15:10:03 CDT

Hi Kiana,

It’s a little tough to know what you want to do, but if you wanted to change resname WORST to resname BEST in a pdb file, you could do it as follows:

mol new molecule.pdb
set sel [atomselect top “resname WORST”]
$sel set resname BEST
set asel [atomselect top “all”]
$asel writepdb renamed.pdb

If you are trying to build structures with psfgen, that is done with aliases, as demonstrated in the psfgen user guide.

-Josh