From: Prathit Chatterjee (pc20apr_at_REMOVE_yahoo.co.in)
Date: Tue Feb 23 2021 - 07:20:39 CST

Dear Experts,

I cannot export the display of VMD from remote linux server, from my new MacBook or a certain local Linux machine, but I could do it from windows machine.

In the remote server, vmd-1.9.4a51 has been installed.

I installed XQuartz in Mac, followed by the instructions from a previous thread of email (https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/28503.html).

I run the command (as mentioned in the previous link, after quitting XQuartz) in my local host as follows: "defaults write org.macosforge.xquartz.X11 enable_iglx -bool true".
Even then, the error message is coming as follows:

Info) No CUDA accelerator devices available.
libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
XRequest.149: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 0x0
XRequest.149: GLXBadContext 0xa00001
XRequest.149: GLXBadContext 0x0
Info) OpenGL renderer: ErrorUnknown
Info) Features:
Info) GLSL rendering mode is NOT available.
XRequest.149: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 0xa00105
Info) Dynamically loaded 3 plugins in directory:
Info) /home2/Prathit/apps/vmd-1.9.4a51/lib/vmd/plugins/LINUXAMD64/molfile
XRequest.149: GLXBadContext 0xa00001
XRequest.149: GLXBadContext 0x0
XRequest.149: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 0xa00105

Any suggestions regarding the same will be very helpful.

Regards,
Prathit