From: Smith, Harper E. (smith.12510_at_buckeyemail.osu.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 15 2021 - 15:50:41 CST

Hi JC,

Thank you for your reply. My understanding is that the energy cutoff only affects which QM energies are fitted -- is that right? I limited my QM scan to only low-energy regions, so it stays under about 15 kcal/mol globally. Can I do something similar to help my MM energies? They are generally around 100-250 kcal/mol (max ~300). Only 5 MM frames have energy under 10 (and they are consecutive). Despite that, I loaded the trajectory of the MM scan, and it looks normal enough to me. I scan 5 dihedrals in this process, yet the energy only approaches 0 once. Shouldn't it be near 0 at the start of each scan?

This may not be related, but some of the early PSF files generated by Molefacture had duplicate entries for bond definitions, and strange bonds like "1 3 1". I think these were causing errors in FFTK, so I deleted all duplicate entries and "nonsense" bonds.

Happy to send any files that might help reveal my problem.

Best,
Harper Smith