From: Rafael Bernardi (rcbernardi_at_auburn.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 29 2021 - 11:21:07 CST

Hello Yuvam,

If you are making a selection that works just invert the selection by saying:

not “previous selection”

for instance, if you selection that is working is:

set sel [atomselect top “water”]

you can now do:

set sel [atomselect top “not water”]

make sure to use () around your selection if it is a long one, e.g.:

set sel [atomselect top “not (water and x>0)”]

Best wishes,

Rafael

Rafael C. Bernardi
Biophysics Cluster - Department of Physics at Auburn University
NIH Center for Macromolecular Modeling & Bioinformatics
rcbernardi_at_auburn.edu<mailto:rcbernardi_at_auburn.edu>
rcbernardi_at_ks.uiuc.edu<mailto:rcbernardi_at_ks.uiuc.edu>
www.ks.uiuc.edu/~rcbernardi<http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~rcbernardi>
+1 (334) 844-4393