From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 26 2021 - 00:14:25 CST

Hi,
  You can draw text labels or other geometry in front of molecular
representations and/or user-drawn geometry, but there is not a
simple "overlay plane" 2-D label compositing scheme like what you're
asking for. Most researchers generate their molecular graphics in
VMD, and then add nice looking labels and diagrams using their favorite
line art tools in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop, GNU GIMP, or various
other image or vector graphics editing tools.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/