From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 31 2020 - 13:01:59 CST

At present the scheme used for label offsets still only works
well for the OpenGL renderer and needs to be revised.
For the time being, I recommend using external tools such as
Photoshop, GIMP, or similar to add nice looking labels to your
images. In the case of movie rendering, you could use scripting
and "draw text" commands to place your own labels more precisely,
which will work equally well in all rendering modes.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/