From: vermaasj (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 18 2020 - 10:32:43 CST

Hi Domenico,

This is the important line:

Determining bond structure from distance search ...

VMD is guessing bonds using distance based heuristics, which are *usually* pretty good, but sometimes pdb structures have distances that are too short. I don’t know what pymol uses, but I suspect they use a different bond determination algorithm. Usually, folks will create a psf file with correct bond structure and load that first, so that VMD does not have to guess bonded structure.

-Josh