From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 17 2020 - 00:44:32 CST

Hi,
  I had to manually approve your posting due to a mismatched submission
vs. subscription email address.

Your script should instead be written with modern VMD syntax and
in particular with "waitfor all" to prevent evaluation of the dipole
moment prior to completion of file loading:
  mol new uc000.psf waitfor all
  mol addfile uc000.pdb waitfor all
  set sel [atomselect top all]
  set outfile [open dipolet.dat w]
  puts $outfile catch [measure dipole $sel -debye -masscenter]
  close $outfile

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/