From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 15 2020 - 09:52:45 CST

Stefan,
  That's interesting. Can you check that your VMD install
directory contains the file "ospray_module_ispc.dll"?

I'm wondering if the OSPRay code has an extra dependency beyond the
three DLLs I've packaged up. It works fine on my system and some
others, but you may have found a potential issue here.

The install directory difference vs. GUI shown during install
is due to an idiosyncrasy in the way Windows 64-bit installs are done with the
Nullsoft Installer System. The NSIS installer GUIs were originally written
for 32-bit installers, but when installing 64-bit apps, they MUST go into
the "Program Files" folder. Windows itself does a renaming trick depending
on what type of app is being installed.

If you open a new terminal shell, and run these commands in it, can you
get VMD to startup fully?:

cd c:\Program Files\VMD
set VMDNOOSPRAY=1
vmd.exe