From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 24 2020 - 08:40:22 CST

Hi,
  We fixed an uninitialized flag issue with prior VMD test versions a
while back that could cause memory consumption on certain versions
of Linux. Please have your student download and install the latest
test version of VMD 1.9.4 and that should cure the issue.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/