From: Gumbart, JC (gumbart_at_physics.gatech.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 18 2020 - 14:35:01 CST

Hi Lokendra,

I think we usually run SA first and then downhill. But it’s quite possible there is no unique solution. Instead, you likely have a very rugged energy landscape sprinkled with local minima that you are hopping between. This is going to be compounded if you have too many charges to optimize at once. So you’ll just have to decide what interactions are most important to get right (use COLP to help).

Best,
JC