From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 21 2020 - 13:42:10 CDT

You can set the radii for particular atoms using atom selection 'set'
commands, e.g. (silly example):
  set sel [atomselect top "name CA"]
  $sel set radius 5.0

If you don't have explicit bond information, you can then make
VMD re-guess your bond topology (for the top molecule) with:
  mol bondsrecalc top

You can recalculate VMD's interpretation of the the entire structure with:
  mol reanalyze top

If you search the mailing list and read the VMD scripting tutorials
you can do a lot with simple atom selection text commands like these.

Best,
  John

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/