From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 13:03:22 CDT

Vani,
  You can do all of the same operations you'd do in a normal VMD session
when running VMD in text mode with 'vmd -dispdev text'. You can write
new trajectory files with the "animate write" set of commands, which are
documented in the User's Guide. If you want NO console whatsoever, then
you'll want to run VMD redirecting I/O to/from files, and using the
'-eofexit' option such as:
  vmd -dispdev text -eofexit < input.tcl > output.log
If you need more help, let us know.