From: Soeren von Buelow (Soeren.Buelow_at_biophys.mpg.de)
Date: Tue Aug 25 2020 - 09:06:03 CDT

Hi,

When rendering my systems with TachyonLOptiXInternal, the shadows look
really bulky and quite awful. Rendering the same scene with
TachyonLOptiXInteractive, the shadows look excellent.

I have seen in this mailing list that the difference may come from the
number of ray 'shots' in Interactive vs Internal. I tried changing

render aasamples TachyonLOptiXInternal

from the default 12 to various numbers (100, 500, 1024). Rendering took
much longer, but the shadows look the same.

I also tried varying

render aosamples TachyonLOptiXInternal

likewise without effect on the shadows.

Is there any way to improve the shadow quality in the
TachyonLOptiXInternal renderer? I would like to use it to batch process
the GPU rendering of many large systems without the need to manually use
the interactive renderer all the time.

Thanks and best regards,
Soeren

--