From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_umich.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 14 2020 - 07:27:01 CDT

In general 'yes', 'on', and 'true' for boolean options *in NAMD* will all
behave equivalently. Here is the relevant code from the config file parser
(ParseOptions.C):

// convert from a string to Bool; returns 1(TRUE) 0(FALSE) or -1(if unknown)
int ParseOptions::atoBool(const char *s)
{
   if (!strcasecmp(s, "on")) return 1;
   if (!strcasecmp(s, "off")) return 0;
   if (!strcasecmp(s, "true")) return 1;
   if (!strcasecmp(s, "false")) return 0;
   if (!strcasecmp(s, "yes")) return 1;
   if (!strcasecmp(s, "no")) return 0;
   if (!strcasecmp(s, "1")) return 1;
   if (!strcasecmp(s, "0")) return 0;
   return -1;
}

With that said, it is of course good to confirm in your log file that PME
is active, and it is *always* good advice to double/triple/quadruple check
your inputs to avoid cases like this.

Best,
Peter