From: Alilovic,Kata (alilovickata_at_ufl.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 03 2020 - 12:55:10 CDT

Dear Peter ,

I am using pdb file from Protein Data Bank. I saved 1UBQ using Tk console as instructed. (https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/namd/namd-tutorial-html/node6.html)
When using Tk Console for generating PSF file I used lines from the tutorial :
package require psfgen
topology top_all27_prot_lipid.inp.

After writing the line for topology file I get the error unable to open topology file top_all27_prot_lipid.inp. Molecule destroyed by a fatal error. Use resetpsf to start over.

 I tried creating PSF file for 3GHG, 1CAG, 1CSN and it did not work.

When using Automatic PSF Builder I get 7 suggested topology files automatically as input files. If I load them all, it is taking forever. If I leave only topology file for protein it runs but I do not get psf file.
Also when using the Automatic PSF Builder I tried uploading different topology files for proteins but it never gives me psf file.

Can I use http://www.charmm-gui.org/ website to create psf file and use it in vmd ?

Thank you,

Kate