From: Bart Bruininks (b.m.h.bruininks_at_rug.nl)
Date: Wed Jun 10 2020 - 08:05:10 CDT

Dear VMDers,

I am using the 1.9.4a42 build to render videos of trajectories on a server.
There used to be the issues that after a while frames would not be written
anymore. However, atm it seems all frames are written, but the internal
rendering data structures are not cleaned rendering between frames. This
causes my VRAM to get filled during successive renders and eventually my
GPUs kill themselves crashing VMD and sometimes taking some other stuff
with them (window manager etc.). I can understand that having no free VRAM
could result in such issues, but I guess it shouldn't build up like that in
the first place.

VMD:
1.9.4a42

Nvidia Drivers:
NVIDIA-SMI 440.82 Driver Version: 440.82 CUDA Version: 10.2

GPU's:
OptiXRenderer) Creating OptiX window: 672 x 805...
OptiXRenderer) VMD TachyonL-OptiX Interactive Ray Tracer help:
OptiXRenderer) Using 2 devices:
OptiXRenderer) [0] Quadro RTX 8000 CUDA[0], 47.5GB RAM, KTO
OptiXRenderer) [1] Quadro RTX 8000 CUDA[1], 47.5GB RAM

Cheers,

Bart