From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat May 09 2020 - 18:12:29 CDT

Hi Varun, this is really specific to what degrees of freedom you want to
get the entropy of.

A typical approach is to compute the histogram of the degrees of freedom
you are interested in, normalize it so that it represents an estimated
probability distribution, and then use the Shannon formula on it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_(information_theory)

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin
Research collaborator, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD