From: Josh Vermaas (joshua.vermaas_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 10 2020 - 15:19:21 CDT

Hi Ross,

Yes. Its under the mol commands "mol default blah blah blah", which you
could add to your .vmdrc file.
https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node140.html What I've
found most useful (since alot of the representations have strange options),
is to do it once manually with logging on (File->log) to see what the
command options are for my preferred representation.

-Josh