From: Josh Vermaas (joshua.vermaas_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 06 2020 - 12:00:22 CDT

Hi Ram,

In the terminal, before you start VMD, run the commands John suggests. If
your terminal is bash ("echo $SHELL" tells you what shell you are using),
you'd do the following in two separate commands:

export VMDNOOSPRAY=1
vmd

You can also put the export option in your .bashrc file so you no longer
need to type it in every time.
-Josh