From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 27 2020 - 11:56:58 CDT

Hi,
  This startup message indicates that your CPU lacks support
for SSE 4.1 instructions required by the Intel OSPRAY ray tracing
engine that is included in VMD.

Try setting this environment variable prior to launching VMD
(see shell specific syntax below):

/bin/sh:
  export VMDNOOSPRAY=1

/bin/csh or /bin/tcsh: