From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2020 - 16:22:12 CST

Like I said before, VMD doesn't care and you can change the parameters and
settings any which way you choose. It is up to you whether you care and
what else is in your system and whether that is consistent with either
force field. You could just as well use CHARMM (that is what the atom type
name is taken from). Or even AIREBO, Tersoff, or ReaxFF (provided you
uncheck the fields to create bonds, angles, and dihedrals). VMD simply does
what you tell it to do and creates an input geometry. The science is up to
you.

Axel.