From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2020 - 08:28:11 CST

The Render main menu item will *always* generate a picture from the main
OpenGL window.
If you want retain output from a specific plugin window, you have to look
at the options of that window. Some have a "File" item with a "Print to
file" option or similar, some offer to output the raw data (numbers) and
you can use a suitable plotting tool for graphs to visualize that data, of
others you have no alternative than using a screenshot tool of your
operating system and make a picture of your screen and then edit is as
needed with an image editing tool.

axel.