From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2020 - 14:50:52 CST

Hi,
  I think that something went wrong when you installed VMD into your
local directory structure. VMD normally finds the OptiXShaders.ptx
file within vmd/shaders/OptiXShaders.ptx (where the "vmd" directory is
the top level directory that you installed into). You didn't indicate
what steps you followed for installation, but if you can share the precise
steps you took, it should be easy to resolve.

Best regards,