From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2019 - 08:42:46 CST

Hi,
  We will continue to make 32-bit builds available for the older revs of
MacOS X. As I pointed out earlier in parts of our discussion, there are
a number of limitations and incompatibilities in earlier versions of MacOS X
that would inhibit the cleanest approach for MacOS X Catalina from being
usable on some of the older MacOS X revs, so we'll have to maintain the
old builds for those other systems at least for the release of VMD 1.9.4.

After VMD 1.9.4 is released, we'll have to see where things stand for
support of the older MacOS X revs, but I don't plan to eliminate this
support immediately.

Best,
  John Stone

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/