From: FX (fxcoudert_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2019 - 11:28:12 CST

> You'll find that a few plugins won't work correctly due to changes
> in Tk 8.6, but we're working on updating those that are affected.

Great! I really know nothing about Tk.

Related to Tcl/Tk: one thing that has bugged me for years about VMD. Is there a way to make the console understand simple readline keymaps? (arrows, ctrl+arrows, etc)

> The issues with use of the retina displays hinge upon the support in the
> latest FLTK and Tk implementations.

I think I have good news on that, see my other email.

On an unrelated note, while I was looking at the Apple-specific code in the VMD codebase, a few remarks/questions:

- In WKFThreads.C, the __APPLE__ specific code is unnecessary. macOS supports sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_ONLN) and can use the same code as __linux

- How important is the wkf_cpu_capability_flags() code? I see that it’s not enabled except on Linux, but it would be easy to make a GCC and clang version with __builtin_cpu_supports(). I could look into it if it is interesting, but I don’t see where it’s actually used, except for displaying information at launch.

Cheers,
FX