From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2019 - 17:57:25 CST

Hi Yogesh,

Not a developer, but I've seen this happen if you have a cuda version that isn't supported by the driver. Then it will start normally, but specific GPU-dependent analysis and rendering routines just don't show up. What is the output of nvidia-smi? Mine looks something like this:

nvidia-smi
Fri Dec 6 16:51:55 2019
| NVIDIA-SMI 430.50 Driver Version: 430.50 CUDA Version: 10.1 |

And while you say that VMD gives no errors, I don't think anyone can say something more concrete without seeing startup output VMD spits out to the terminal.

-Josh