From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2019 - 09:27:22 CST

If what you want only needs to be accurate to the nearest voxel, you could
use one map to mask another. You would have to choose a density threshold
that you consider to be "occupied" and then any voxels above that value
would contribute to the volume. Essentially you'd be multiplying to
binary maps together, and then counting the up the resulting "1s".
If you want to do something more sophisticated with partial occupency
of voxels then you could probably do something similar, but there
would undoubtably be some density renormalization required.

Best,
  John Stone

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/