From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2019 - 23:42:17 CST

Hi,
  There is much more involved than simply compiling VMD. The crux of
getting a good 64-bit build actually has little to do with VMD itself and
everything to do with Tcl/Tk and FLTK, which are libraries that VMD
depends on. We have a Mac test system running catalina that we're
using for testing. I hope to make an test build available to people
shortly after we have had an opportunity to validate it to at least
some degree.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/