From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2019 - 22:11:49 CDT

Hi,
  This has been discussed previously on the VMD mailing list.
We are working on building a version of VMD for MacOS X Catalina,
but as yet this work is ongoing. When it is ready for testing,
we will announce on the VMD web site and mailing list.

The issue is that we have to create a specially modified version
of FLTK (which is not written by us) to be compatible with both Catalina
and Tcl/Tk scripting used by VMD plugins. I don't have any ETA to provide
people yet, but it is possible we will have a test version in the next
two weeks if things go well with patching FLTK.

In the longer term, I have more serious concerns about ongoing support
for MacOS X, since Apple has officially deprecated OpenGL, the graphics
API used by VMD and thousands of other scientific visualization tools.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/