From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2019 - 11:20:18 CDT

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 12:13 PM Patrik Molnár <pbadoo1995_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear VMD Team!
>
> I created a simple methane molecule in XenoView and saved in .car/.mdf
> file.
>
> But whenever I try to open them in VMD, I get error message(s).

*what* error messages do your get?
what is your VMD version? and what platform are you running on?

> What did I do wrong? Can it be that the versions don't match?

versions of what?

> I have already seen that other VMD users had problem with that plugins:
>
> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/17736.html
>
> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/21143.html
>
> What was the consequence?

you would have to ask the people posting the questions.

> How could I solve this problem?

difficult to say. step one would be to provide sufficient information to
reproduce the situation, e.g. by posting a set of small(!) files that
reproduce the errors.

axel.