From: Aravinda Munasinghe (aravinda1879_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2019 - 11:48:15 CDT

I assume you have a selection of atoms and you want to pick atoms (i.e.,
solvent near a solute) within that selection (stays at least 80% of the
simulation time)?.
If so, I would loop the other way around, and addsomething like the
following,
set outfile [open "output_name" w]
set num_frames [molinfo top get numframes]
for { set i 0 } { $i < $num_frames } { incr i } {
set atomenvirn [atomselect top "(exwithin $R of (selection_of_solute)) " ]
#exwithin does not count it self
puts $outfile $atomenvirn # this will write out all the indexes within the
previous selection
$atomenvirn delete #otherwise you will overload your mem
}
close $outfile

Then write a small python script to extract indexes which appears at least
80% during the simulation time.
You can customize this in fancy ways to get resid or other information.
Best,
Aravinda Munasinghe

--
Aravinda Munasinghe,