From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 01 2019 - 18:28:42 CDT

Hi Ligesh, LAMMPS will keep track of how many times atoms cross the unit
cell's boundaries, and VMD will use them to reconstruct unwrapped
coordinates, which are useful if you have molecules.

You can use these packages:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/pbctools/
https://github.com/jhenin/qwrap

--