From: Alec Zander (alec.zander_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 13 2019 - 12:12:42 CDT

Hello -
Depends on what type of micellar molecules you have, but generally there is
a head group and a tail group. If the micelles are stable on your
simulation timescale, head groups should always be positioned to be lining
the interior, so you could develop distance based selection criteria for
counting waters that are touching head groups, (first internal layer) and
then the waters that are touching those (second internal layer), and so
forth until you've counted all the waters on the inside. I suppose it will
be sensitive to tail length, lipid dynamics, and water infiltration though.