From: Joao Ribeiro (jribeiro_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2019 - 13:31:40 CDT

Dear Andreas,

Thank you for reporting the error. In fact, old versions of QwikMD (and VMD) had issues with Ubuntu due to the missing "/usrt/tmp/" folder. These and other issues were corrected in the new versions of VMD, which I would recommend to use. https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/Download/download.cgi?PackageName=VMD

If some reason you don't want to update VMD, you can create the folder manually, or direct VMD to an existing folder to be used as a temporary folder by defining the variable env(VMDTMPDIR) in the .vmdrc file.

Again, the new versions of VMD have more updates and fixes than just this one.

There is also an updated version of QwikMD (QwikMD beta) that you can install. Please download QwikMD beta from http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/qwikmd/.

I hope this help

Best

João

João Vieira Ribeiro
Beckman Institute, University of Illinois
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~jribeiro/
jribeiro_at_illinois.edu
+1 (217) 3005851