From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2019 - 17:23:25 CDT

It's in the VMD src distribution as:
  plugins/molfile_plugin/src/moldenplugin.c

You can also see the bleeding edge code (updated nightly) within
the VMD Doxygen docs here:
  https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/doxygen/moldenplugin_8c-source.html

All of the molfile plugins are included there, in case you're curious
about the latest ORCA and other plugins too:
  https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/doxygen/files.html

Best,