From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_umich.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2019 - 20:42:37 CDT

Hi James,
The amber-based extensions like sqm are not necessary for parameterizing
small molecules. The baseline building capabilities in molefacture,
combined with fftk, will suffice (as long as you have access to a machine
with Gaussian installed, but without that you're out of luck either way).
As I don't use windows, the best advice that I can offer is to try
installing the plain version of ambertools first, which is in general well
documented and supported by the amber community, and then one hopes that
you'd be able to make use of the patched ambertools tree distributed with
molefacture using the same approach.
Best,
Peter