From: Peter Deák (deak_at_phys.upb.de)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 06:59:03 CDT

Dear All (especially dear Deveopers),

My group has recently started to use VMD - on all three platforms - and
we find it wonderful. We are a group of solid state physicists,
interested in defects in crystals. Finding localized states in the
haystack has always been difficult but VMD makes wonders. (I feel like
Columbus could have if - at the end of his life - he had been offerd a
flight to America.)

There is just one tiny wish we have: could someone tell us, how could
we make VMD recognize Si as silicon and not sulphur, and make bonds
between Si atoms 2.35 A apart.

Then we could go out and show our beautiful VMD pictures to the world!

Thanks!!!

Peter

Prof. Dr. Peter Deák
Head of the Surface Physics Laboratory
Department of Atomic Physics
Budapest University of Technology & Economics
Budafoki ut 8, H-1111 Budapest, Hungary
Phone: [36]-(1)-463-4207 Fax: [36]-(1)-463-4357
e-mail: p.deak_at_eik.bme.hu
http://qchem52.fat.bme.hu