From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2019 - 11:43:06 CST

John,

the LAMMPS netcdf files are supposed to be compatible with amber. it
uses Conventions = AMBER. i can easily produce example files. source
code is available here:
https://github.com/lammps/lammps/blob/master/src/USER-NETCDF/dump_netcdf.cpp#L222

from what i can tell, it doesn't even get to the point of checking
which conventions it follows, but fails in the nc_open() function.

which version of netcdf do you compile the plugin/VMD with?

axel.