From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2018 - 15:21:05 CST

If I had to guess, there is likely some problem that is preventing
VMD's environment variables from being propagated from the
'vmd' startup script. Since you haven't shared the error messages,
it is hard to say what went wrong or what to fix. If you post the
console messages VMD prints during startup, that would be helpful.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/