From: Robin Betz (robin_at_robinbetz.com)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2018 - 20:33:50 CST

Hi Guilherme,

Unfortunately getting VMD to run Python 3 as the built in interpreter
requires many changes in the source code, as there are significant changes
in the Python C API going from 2 to 3.
I've been working on adding this to VMD but it's taking some time as I'm
also making the Python interface easier to use by adding docstrings,
missing functionality, bugfixes, etc.

For now, you could install vmd-python as a standalone Python package from
conda forge if you're just wanting to do trajectory analysis and don't need
the GUI:
conda install -c conda-forge vmd-python

Hope this helps,
Robin