From: Gary Turner (turnerscientific_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2018 - 12:40:19 CDT

I load VMD (Ver 1.9.3), and the molecule 1ubq.pdb (the file used in the
tutorial) using Molecule File Browser.  Molecule loads in Tube
representation.  Change to New Cartoon and I get:

"Error reading PDB file C:\Users\G" (Correct path is
C:/Users/G&L/Downloads/VMD/vmd-tutorial-files/1ubq.pdb.  Note that VMD
used this path successfully 17 lines above in the attached VMD.exe output).

I am attaching the VMD.exe output "VMD error on call to New Cartoon.txt"

I have loaded the program on two desktops and a laptop, all Windows 10
(Ver 10.0.17134 Build 17134), all show the same problem.  I've tried
several other molecules with the same result; an error and the
representation remains Tube.  I've tried putting the .pdb files in
different folders, including the root.  Same result. Any suggestions
would be highly appreciated.